FUNCTIONS OF THE OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
NIGERIAN COPYRIGHT COMMISSION
The Enforcement Department of the Nigerian Copyright Commission (NCC) is responsible for enforcing compliance with the copyright law. In its enforcement activities, it carries out the following duties:
- Pre-raid operations:
- Intelligence gathering on piracy.
- Monitoring outlets where copyright is being used and could be violated.
- Surveillance activities.
- Anti-piracy raid operations:
- Identifying, entering and searching locations where piracy is suspected to be taking place.
- Examining materials and contrivances suspected to be used for piracy.
- Seizure of pirated materials and contrivances
- Arresting suspects
- Post raid activities: Further investigation activities which may assist the investigator(s) in gathering requisite information for establishing and proving an anti-piracy case in the Court.
- Exhibit management.
- Computing the monthly, quarterly and annual Monitoring and Evaluation Reports of the Department and forwarding same to the relevant Departments and Units for their information.
- Advising the Director-General of the Commission on matters relating to Enforcement of the Copyright ACT in Nigeria.
- Performance of any other functions as may be directed by the Director-General.