This growth has also given rise to the use of copyright protected materials and continues to encourage the creative genius‟ in Nigerians. It is therefore no surprise that the airwaves in Nigeria and indeed several other African countries are dominated with Nigerian developed Copyright protected works. The recent complaints by several right owners of the unauthorized use of their copyright protected works in Europe, America, Asia and other parts of the world is an indication of the spread of Nigerian works in which copyright subsists.
[1988 No. 47.] [19th December, 1988] [Commencement]
1. Works eligible for copyright
(1) Subject to this section, the following shall be eligible for copyright-
(a) literary works;
(b) musical works;
(c) artistic works;
(d) cinematograph films;
(e) sound recordings; and
(As amended by the Copyright (Amendment) Decree 1999) - Commencement: 7th September, 1999
1. Prescription of Hologram
(1) The Nigerian Copyright Commission hereby prescribes the use of hologram stamps in relation to sound recordings and cinematograph films intended or oeffered for sale, rental, hiring, lending or otherwise distributed to the public for commercial purposes in Nigeria
(2) The hologram shall be a tamper proof sticker to be designated by the...
NOW THEREFOR; in exercise of the powers conferred by section 14 of the said Decree and of all other powers enabling me in that behalf, I hereby make the following Order:-
1. Extension of protect
(1) The application of section 2 of the Copyright Decree 1970 is hereby extended-
(a) to individuals who are citizens of or domiciled in any of the countries specified in the Schedule here to, and
- (1) No person shall manufacture optical discs or production parts in Nigeria
unless such a person is duly registered by the Commission.
(2) An application for registration as a manufacturer of optical discs or production parts which shall be made to the Commission in Form A in the First Schedule to these Regulations shall be accompanied with any fees as may be prescribed from time to time by the Commission.
(3) Every applicant for registration shall enter into an undertaking to comply.....
- These Regulations may be cited as the Copyright (Collective Management Organisations) Regulations 2007.
CHAPTER 1: GRANT OF LICENCE
- Application for Licence
(1) Subject to the conditions specified under Section 39 of the Act, a company may apply to the Commission in the prescribed form and upon payment of the prescribed fees, for grant of licence to operate as a Collective Management Organisation.