DG's Welcome Message
More than ever before, creativity remains a major vehicle of economic development in today’s knowledge driven economy. Fortunately, Nigeria is well endowed with creative talents and it has distinguished itself in the film, music, literary works and the arts.
The Nigerian Copyright Commission is mindful of the place of the creative industries, as a tool national development. It therefore remains committed to a strong, sustainable and solution-driven copyright system that is able to sustain the creative industries and the knowledge ecosystem.
As the world experiences rapid migration from analogue to digital platforms, the Commission is mindful of the peculiar challenges posed by the convergence of media, blurring of dividing lines in industries and the disappearance of national boundaries in the digital environment. It is therefore adapting its service delivery to respond speedily and more efficiently to the new demands. In discharging its statutory mandate, the Commission will continue to:
- Strengthen human and institutional capacity for better service delivery;
- Improve the policy and legal framework for a functional copyright system;
- Promote respect for copyright through awareness and education amongst right owners, users, policy makers and officials;
- Guarantee balanced but effective rights management, regulation and enforcement strategies;
- Support national and international processes to build a more balanced development-oriented copyright system;
- Insist on the professionalism, probity and good governance ensuring, ensuring always that the Nigeria gets value for it's copyright system